Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Always Surprise Yourself


Here I am having a beer listening to live music in the Jackson lake lounge. Just watched the sun set over the Grand Tetons. It is breath taking to say the least. We have been in Yellowstone/Tetons for a couple days and are enjoying our stay. Work in Florida was long and hard, and the four day drive across the country was not much easier! But, it is all worth it to be here. Anyway, I love a good challenge. I have had this unsettled feeling all week due to the fact that I have not been able to write. Things have been non stop on the road, and in interest of making good time we have been averaging 12-10 hours each day.
Ahhh so here I am finally writing. Therapy. Jason had his 27th birthday yesterday and we had a very yummy steak dinner sitting in view of the mountains. Tomorrow is my 22nd and I still can't believe I am here. Pinch me. After a day of geyser exploring, including Old Faithful, and some creek play with the dogs, we did some write ups for work and are just enjoying the evening.
Watched a storm role in over the mountains. I am in love. Tomorrow will come early. 6AM Kayak trip on the lake to the island!! Hope we don't get Lost!! That was for all you Lost fans. Then some hikes, one to Inspiration Point. Hopefully I will come away inspired....how could I not in this place. Thursday will be our white water rafting day, and Friday we will tackle an amazing 11 mile hike. Ahhh the great outdoors. Well I just wanted to catch up with all of this. I hate going too long without writing it all down ya know?

What height, I feel so small. What depth, I am but shallow. Power to singe and burn. I am cold and long to be warm. Soften me light and storm. Awaken me river. Sing of the creation I am silent about.

Love till later,
LauraAnne

2 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

Just all sounds so incredible!

By the way - happy birthdays

12:24 PM  
Blogger soulreavers said...

I hate you. Okay, too strong and not near sarcastic enough. Truthfully, I am envious. You call all that fun there in the Tetons work? Man, if you call that torture...chain me to the wall.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home