Friday, May 12, 2006

Death for Her and for Me















For you the sky opens so wide.
I fear it will swallow me whole.
If I were consumed by the sky
I would not expect you to follow.
still, maybe if you wrote, the words
would find their way to meet me.
Crawling even into the spaces I was kept in.

If I fail to miss you, or if I don't respond,
consider I might be out of reach.
No one cares when you say you'd rather
have it your way. Please, I apologize
for they are wrong, insignificant and sometimes
cross. It won't be told that way my friend. Your
words will be twisted. Mine too probably, just realize it now.

Give me a kiss, a kiss to recall
on dreary days when sleep provokes but has no cause.
You fall I find far too far behind. I pant to speak,
much less catch you. Like a commit burning up in this atmosphere,
I too will fizzle out. Singed by the skirt of the fire, merely morality.
Don't speak of it as if it is haunting or even frail.
I accomplish this and move on to the next scale.
What might be for to find me there?

2 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

love your writing style

11:11 PM  
Blogger LiteratureLover said...

This is beautiful.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home